- The purchase of a gym membership, of any category, indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Your gym membership will commence on the date of your purchase and will expire once you have contacted us with a 14 days’ notice to cancel your membership.
- When your membership commences, this agreement becomes binding on you and The Leisure Box. An agreement will be formed between you and The Leisure Box.
- You can cancel this membership at any time by calling The Leisure Box. You will have access to your membership until the day before the payment would be taken.
- This agreement is non transferrable.
- Members must be aged a minimum of 14. Those aged under 16 must either, attend the gym with a parent/ guardian or within the supervisory time slots of 15:30 – 17:30 Monday – Friday. They will also undergo a mandatory induction.
- A photograph will be taken upon sign up
- You agree to comply with the gym rules, which are displayed in the gym.
- The rules of this agreement will be enforced at our discretion. If we do not take action for one misdemeanour, this may not prevent us enforcing this agreement at a future point.
- We will not be liable for any failure to honour this contract because of an event that is outside of our reasonable control.
- This agreement is subject to English Law.
- If you are found to be in breach of any of these terms on conditions or Gym Rules, we may terminate this agreement, along with your membership, with immediate effect.
- By agreeing to the health statement on sign up you are accepting that it is your own responsibility and have risk assessed your current health status, before exercising.
MEMBERSHIP FEES AND PAYMENT
- A payment for any membership is due on purchase. Payment on purchase is as follows:
- Recurring Card Payments (RCP) – 1 month membership.
- RCP’s are paid in advance of the month ahead.
- All RCP payments will be taken on the date of the month which corresponds with the date of joining, or the nearest working day.
- Each payment received by The Leisure Box is not refundable.
- If a payment is missed, your membership will be deactivated and therefore, you will not be allowed to use the gym. You will need to contact The Leisure Box if you have a payment issue within 14 days of the failed payment, otherwise your membership will be cancelled, and you will be required to re-subscribe and pay the price current at the time.
- RCP’s can be cancelled at any time by calling or visiting The Leisure Box. Your membership will then expire at 11.59pm on the day before your next payment is due.
- You must provide a 14 days’ cancellation notice prior to your payment date, to ensure payment is not taken from your account
- Should it be necessary to increase prices, we will give you a minimum of 30 days’ notice. Your right to terminate your membership during this time is unaffected.
- Lost Key Fobs will be replaced at a charge of £5
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Prior to using any fitness equipment new members will be given the opportunity to book a supervised induction with a member of the Leisure Box team; these inductions should be booked in advance. Equipment and facilities must be always used in a safe manner, in accordance with training or guidance given by a qualified member of staff or relevant signage. No equipment should be used if you are unsure how to use it. Facilities’ users are responsible for their own health and safety and should always conduct their activities in a safe manner to not impact on the health and safety of themselves or others when on the premises.
- You should consult your doctor before you start any exercise regime and/or if you are not sure whether it is suitable and/or if you have a pre-existing illness or medical condition.
- We accept no liability for lost or stolen goods whilst on our premises. Property stored in lockers is at your own risk. Cars parked in the car park and all contents in them are your responsibility and we will not accept liability for loss or damage to them.
- The gym will be open as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 7am-9pm
- Weekends & Bank Holidays: 8am-6pm
- The Leisure Box reserves the right to change these opening times with 14 days’ notice.
- You should access the gym through the main entrance to the Leisure Box via Glen Way. Alternatively, should you need direct access into the gym, please speak to a member of the team, we can provide access via Hollin Bank for your convenience
- The building must be vacated by the published closing time i.e., if you are going to shower and change, please allow sufficient time to do this.
- There may be times when we need to close the gym partially or fully. We will do our best to ensure that any closure is outside of peak times and give advance notice. However, on occasion unforeseen events may mean that this is not possible. In this situation, you will not be entitled to any refund.
- Your access Card is for your personal use only. Any member believed to be or found to be allowing another person to use their access details and/or allowing ‘tailgating’ will have their membership terminated immediately.
- If it is found that you have allowed another person to use your access details, or allowed them access to the gym with you, we will hold you solely responsible for their conduct whilst on our premises, and for any damage or loss (financial or otherwise) that The Leisure Box suffers consequently. Your membership will also be cancelled immediately with no subsequent opportunity to re-join at a later date.
How we use your personal information
We will use the personal information provided to us to:
- Provide the services associated with your membership.
- Process your payment for such services; and
- If you have consented to receive such emails, we will inform you about other products or services that we provide. These communications will only be shared with those members who consent to receiving this communication at the point of sign up. You can opt in or out of these communications at any time by contacting us.
THE LEISURE BOX
- Is a trading name of BFCitC Facilities (Enterprises) Ltd.
- Our registered office is at Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4X
- You can contact us on 01282 222380 or firstname.lastname@example.org